A friend recently sent me a link to an interesting article. Bronnie Ware is an Australian nurse who cares for the dying, offering them counsel in the last 12 weeks of their lives. In Bronnies’ blog, Inspiration and Chai, she records the epiphanies of the individuals she cares for. According to Bronnie, here are the top five regrets of her clients, in the last weeks of their lives:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard. (Bronnie said this was especially true of her male clients, every one of which expressed this same regret.)
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Thanks, Tom, for sharing this article.