Dallas Whole Life Counseling is offering a FREE introductory meditation and mindfulness session with Jon Johnston.
Why Should I Meditate?
Meditation has many benefits:
- Reduces anxiety, panic, and stress
- Alleviates depression
- Lowers blood pressure
- Addresses anger issues
- Reduces headaches and chronic pain
- Improves focus and follow-‐through
What is Mindfulness?
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and non-‐judgmentally.” Jon Kabat-Zinn
What You’ll Learn
- How to consciously bring your awareness to your here-and‐now experience, with openness, curiosity, and receptiveness
- How to focus your attention on using simple meditation techniques
- Natural relaxation skills that require no previous experience with meditation
- The session is one hour long and will be tailored to you based on your own experience with meditation
Call (972) 755-0996 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free session
Jon Johnston is an LPC practicum intern at Amberton University, with two decades of study in meditation, mindfulness, music and psychology. Jon studied meditation at the Zen Mountain Monastery in New York, where he learned from author and renowned expert in the field, John Daido Loori. Jon’s studies also took him to Japan, where he further pursued his passion for Zen, studying the Japanese flute (shakuhachi) with Stan Richardson and Yodo Kurahashi II, internationally recognized masters of the instrument.