Sometimes TV reflects reality. Sometimes it doesn’t. As a viewer inevitably being “programmed” by your favorite TV shows, it’s important to know the difference.
Here are a few things that happen in TV-World that don’t usually happen in real life.
- You’re asked to give a eulogy for someone you barely knew.
- You pretend to be married to impress the boss (only to eventually fall in love with your pretended spouse).
- You attend someone else’s High School reunion while pretending to be the person on your stolen nametag.
- You get stuck in an elevator with “colorful” characters.
- You catch your divorced parents making out in the kitchen.
- You sweep things off a desk in anger (or in passion, better preparing the surface for spontaneous lovemaking).
- Your friends and pesky neighbors always walk right in your front door without knocking.
- You sleepwalk every night, unknowingly raiding the refrigerator for ice cream or pastries until your snooping roommate catches you.
- Your new best friend gives you a dramatic makeover, and suddenly everyone likes you.
- Your oversexed mother-in-law hits on you when your wife isn’t around.