In addition to offering traditional couples counseling, DWLC offers Couples Intensives in the form of couples workshops.
James and Heather Robbins, owners and co-founders of DWLC, have been together for almost 25 years, and each has more than a decade of experience treating a wide range of couples issues through counseling sessions and intensive couples therapy workshops.
A Couples Intensive is a one-, three- or six-hour, single day marriage workshop where the Robbins meet jointly with the couple in a variety of formats. Both Heather and James will attend the entire Intensive. This option is ideal for clients who live outside the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, or local couples who are in crisis or simply want to energetically focus on bettering their relationship.
Who Can Benefit from a Couples Intensive?
Couples Intensives are open to both new and existing clients. Couples can bring a variety of issues to the workshop, including, but not limited to:
- Pre-marital counseling
- Infidelity, affairs and trust issues
- Sexual issues
- Communication issues and conflict resolution
- Questions about long-term compatibility
- Financial issues
- Family planning concerns
What Happens During the Intensive?
Each intensive relationship workshop is carefully tailored to the individual needs, circumstances, and strengths of the couple. But in general, the six-hour couples coaching session is structured as follows (The one- and three-hour Intensives are more concise, issue-specific versions of the same):
- Information gathering. Both in one-on-one and two-on-two formats, geared toward learning about the couple’s history, “sticking points,” relationship goals, etc.
- Lunch. During the lunch hour, the couple will work through structured assignments based on the info gathering phase. During this same time, Heather and James will privately consult, examining the couple’s issues in depth and designing concrete action steps to address targeted goals.
- Feedback and Tools. The Robbins will guide the couple in various relationship-strengthening and conflict-resolution exercises, providing specific feedback about the strengths and challenges of the individual couple members, and the couple as a whole.
- Conclusion. The day ends with clear and concise take-home action steps toward both short and long-term goals. Recommendations for follow-up couples coaching are made when appropriate.
How Much Does it Cost?
- 1 hour Intensive, $300
- 3 hour Intensive, $850
- 6 hour Intensive, $1500
How Do I Get Started?
James and Heather are available for Couples Intensives Fridays and Saturdays. If you would like to book an Intensive, or have further questions, please call Dallas Whole Life Counseling at 972-755-0996, or contact us via this website.