Shana Garett, Ph.D., is a Licensed Professional Counselor and an Academic Dean at Walden Univeristy. Working with adults, couples and families, Dr. Garrett helps clients:
- Discover their most authentic self
- Explore their life goals and set concrete, achievable milestones
- Develop effective coping strategies
- Bring more mindfulness and self-awareness to every aspect of day-to-day life
- Establish and sustain healthy personal and professional relationships
Utilizing a variety of treatment approaches and drawing form her wealth of clinical experience, Dr. Garrett offers treatment, supprt and encouragement within a variety of areas
- Couples Counseling
- Infidelity and Trust Issues
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Career Counseling
- Family Issues
- Women's Issues
- Parenting and Caregiving
- Grief and Loss
- Retirement and other Life Transitions
- Dementia and Cognitive Issues
In additon to earning a B.A. in Psychology at the University of Texas in Denton, Dr. Garrett holds two graduate degrees: a Ph.D. in Clinical Psycholgy at Saybrook Univeristy in San Francisco, and an M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University. She also holds a graduate certificate in Geriatric Psychology.
Dr. Garrett has developed a treatment approach known as "pure heart." Within this fraemwork, she helps clients better understand and resolve their most pressing life concerns, while also digging deeper to discover the root causes of these challenges. Providing a warm, non-judgmental treatment environment, Shana helps clients feel comfortable discussing their issues in an open and candid manner. She likewsie incorporates treatment strategies such as Cognitve Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Person-Centered, helping clients overcome chronic anxietes, let go of self-defeating patterns and see beyond their self-limiting beliefs.
In addition to her role as a mental health professional, Shana is married to retired Marine and mom to a senior rescue lab.