In addition to traditional couples counseling, couples who are in crisis or simply want to energetically focus on bettering their relationship cant take part in a couples intensive workshop.
In a private and in-depth workshop, a couple can bring a variety of issues to the table, including, but not limited to:
- Pre-marital counseling
- Infidelity, affairs and trust issues
- Sexual issues
- Communication issues and conflict resolution
- Questions about long-term compatibility
- Financial issues
- Family planning concerns
So, what happens during the Intensive?
Each couples Intensive is carefully tailored to the individual needs, circumstances and strengths of the couple. But in general, the session is structured in four main areas.
- Information gathering: Both one-on-one and two-on-two formats, geared toward learning about the couple’s history, “sticking points,” relationship goals, etc.
- Meal Assignment: Over a meal, the couple will work through structured assignments based on the information gathering phase. During this same time, the counselors will privately consult, examining the couple’s issues in depth and designing concrete action steps to address targeted goals.
- Feedback and Tools: The counselors will guide the couple in various relationship-strengthening and conflict-resolution exercises, providing specific feedback about the strengths and challenges of the individual couple members, and the couple as a whole.
- Conclusion: The day ends with clear and concise take-home action steps toward both short and long-term goals. Recommendations for follow-up treatment are made when appropriate.
If you would like to book an Intensive, or have further questions, please call Dallas Whole Life Counseling at 972-755-0996, or contact us via this website.